I am all for grabbing a banana on the go as a quick snack. Yet for a morning meal that can get me through to lunch I need additional fibre and protein for staying power. By tossing together spinach, protein powder plus dark cocoa powder to the mix I now have a morning meal that tastes like a treat. 🙂
The protein is at a high of 22.5 grams and Fiber comes in at a decent 4.6 grams. This chocolate monkey also delivers very respectable Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Calcium dosages. Yay! The less than stellar numbers come from the sugar levels so if you are a diabetic please take note.
You can add more spinach yet fair warning as the color starts to take on interesting hues.
- 125 ml skim milk
- 20 g spinach (I used frozen spinach pellets)
- 1 small banana
- 18 g chocolate protein mix
- 5 g (1 Tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put all the ingredients into a Magic Bullet or whatever blender-type product you have at home.
- Put the lid on.
- Whiz until desired consistency is obtained.