I really enjoy the All-Natural Irish Kiss, yet the adage that “there is a time and a place for everything” holds true. I love the All-Natural Irish Kiss when I am tired and need to be energized. In the morning I am awake and ready to work so the All-Natural is not quite what my body craves. It is looking for something that can give it staying power until lunchtime and that’s what I find in the Irish Protein Kiss.
I had a friend over for a taste test of the two Irish green smoothies and her reaction was very similar to mine. Go figure!
Based on the original Keep-It-Simple-Smoothie I posted a while back, the Irish Protein Kiss is all about getting a vibrant all-natural green packed with protein.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
- 90 g (2 cups) fresh spinach (or frozen)
- 18 g (half a scoop) protein powder (I used Dyna Whey)
- 105 g (3/4 cup) Mango, cubed
- 45 g (1/4 cup) kiwi (1 smallish kiwi)
- Put milk and spinach in a blender, juicer, or bullet-type blending machine and blend until smooth.
- Add protein powder, mango cubes, kiwi, and blend until smooth.
- Chill if preferred and enjoy!
High in Manganese