This Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette is a basic, yet essential, dressing that I use in a number of recipes.
Zesty and fresh tasting, yet relatively conservative on the calorie front. I hope it becomes a favorite of yours as well.
You can easily dress it up by adding Dijon mustard, a dash of cayenne, or some finely chopped fresh herbs.
The important factor is to maintain the 2:1 ratio of lemon juice to oil. So if your lemons yield less that 6 Tbsp. then adjust your olive oil accordingly.
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp.) fresh lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Put all the ingredients in an airtight container.
- Put the lid on tightly and then shake vigorously.