I had heard that you can add spinach to smoothies and you would not even notice it. Well, they are RIGHT! Spring boarding off of the Keep-It-Simple-Smoothie, Popeye’s Kiss adds extra fiber and protein.
- 125 ml skim milk
- 40 g spinach (I used frozen spinach pellets)
- 140 g unsweetened raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 18 g protein beverage mix (I used Dyna Whey Iced Cappuccino)
- Put the milk and spinach into a Magic Bullet or whatever blender-type product you have at home.
- Put the lid on.
- Whiz until the spinach is incorporated into the milk.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whiz until desired consistency is obtained.
Serving size: 332 g Calories: 195 Fat: 1.8 Saturated fat: .1 Carbohydrates: 25.8 Sugar: 12.3 Sodium: 98 Fiber: 10.0 Protein: 23.2 Cholesterol: 33