I just adore smoked salmon. 😀 So the idea of creating a smoked salmon quiche was a natural.
This is very low in carbohydrates at just 3.9 g, with healthy 20.6 g of protein. The smoked salmon and capers both contribute to a high sodium value of 557 mg, so if this is a concern, then omit the capers to reduce the sodium number to 367 mg. I deliberately did not add salt as the dish does not require any.
- 2 large eggs
- 120 g (1/2 cup) non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp minced red onion (or green onion)
- 75 g smoked salmon
- 20 g (4 tsp) drained capers
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack placed in the center of the oven.
- Grease two ramekin dishes (200 ml - 6 oz. dish). (I prefer using butter as it adds flavor to the dish.)
- In a mixing bowl or large cup put in the egg, yogurt, and pepper; then whisk until incorporated.
- Chop the smoked salmon and then add it to the egg mixture.
- Add in the capers and onion. Whisk the mixture to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove or turn off the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve either by placing the ramekin directly on a plate or flipping the quiche onto a temporary plate and then flipping it topside up onto the serving plate.
High in Vitamin B12, Vitamin E