When I started writing this blog, one of the first requests was for this recipe. 🙂
The beauty of this recipe is that each family member can have their quiche to meet their needs because they are so fast and easy to assemble. My niece loves eggs, especially the yolks, however her husband has high cholesterol so is told to avoid yolks. My niece and their daughter can eat quiche using this recipe, and her husband can have Yolk-Less Quiche recipe (in another recipe post).
I flagged the salt as optional in the recipe is that sometimes I find the bacon is quite salty so I prefer to omit the salt. If I erred, I can add the salt at the table.
Need to prep your bacon? Then check out this tip: No Mess Bacon
- 45 g (1/4 cup) small broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp minced red onion (or green onion)
- 8 g (1 Tbsp) crisp bacon - crumbled (equals 1 slice of bacon)
- 25 g (1/4 cup) shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 60 g (1/4 cup) non-fat Greek yogurt
- pinch of black pepper
- (optional) pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack placed in the center of the oven.
- In a mixing bowl or large cup put in the egg, yogurt, pepper, and (optional) salt; then whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
- Grease a ramekin dish (200 ml - 6 oz. dish). (I prefer using butter as it adds flavor to the dish.)
- Into the ramekin first layer the broccoli, followed by the onion, bacon, and then the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the ramekin ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove or turn off the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve either by placing the ramekin directly on a plate or flipping the quiche onto a temporary plate and then flipping it topside up onto the serving plate.